Sunday, April 06, 2014

Archery Lesson

Junior has a toy bow and arrow that he has played around the house with and really likes.  I had found a Groupon for around November for archery lessons for 2 and thought it would be a fun Christmas present.  Of course I forgot to print out the certificate and give it to them as a Christmas present (so much for shopping early, it got me nowhere).  I finally got around to setting up there lesson though and the kids were super excited.  We drove up to Fort Collins into a chaos of traffic, people, and road closures.  I wasn't thinking when I scheduled the lesson two weeks before that it would be the St. Patty's Day parade and we were driving through town right before it was starting.  We muddled our way around though and made it to the lesson.  The kids did really good.  Junior was a natural and Katelynn caught on after a few arrows and coaching.  At first I was pretty impressed with the coach, he was really good with the kids and patient, but then discovered these lessons were not very structured or private.  The lessons were in their store and it was a Saturday morning and they were busy.  They had to help customers in between working with the kids and there were other people shooting as well.  It was a little nerve racking.  The upside was they would have let the kids shoot as long as they wanted to and paid no attention to the 30 minutes we had paid for.  All in all it was a good experience and the kids enjoyed it.  I will be trying out another place soon and see how that one goes for lessons.




No comments:

Post a Comment